We all love a good tag post and I’ve had this one saved for ages so I figured now was the time to finally push it live! Here goes!
1. What’s your favourite breakfast?
Porridge with almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup and cinnamon or, granola with almond milk –Aldi and Asda do a lovely tropical mix which I highly recommend!
2. How do you drink your coffee?
Black with half a teaspoon of sugar. I prefer white coffee but unless I have oat or coconut milk in the fridge, I find most nut milks make coffee look horrible (even though it still tastes fine).
3. What’s in your favourite sandwich?
Call me boring but you can’t go wrong with (vegan/dairy-free) cheese and pickle. Often it depends on what I have in the fridge but the cheese is often the consistent staple on which to build on.
4. Soup or salad?
I love both but I think I reach for soup more regularly as its warming during the colder months, and a light meal during the summer.
5. What’s your favourite cookbook?
Both of Deliciously Ella’s, but Oh She Glows by Angela Liddon is also very good. However this year I have particularly been really enjoying Niomi Smart’s Eat Smart book (review here).
6. No more sweets or no more hearty foods?
No more sweets… but I assume that doesn’t include chocolate… or puddings?
7. What’s your favourite type of cuisine?
Italian, give me a big plate of pasta any day!
8. What’s your favourite food film?
Julie and Julia, Meryl Streep is brilliant as Julia Childs.
9. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Mac and cheese, always.
10. What’s your greatest inspiration source?
Instagram –there are so many amazing food accounts out there posting delicious looking plates of food.
11. Cooking at home or going out for dinner?
Going out for dinner –let the professionals cook up something delicious.
12. High end or low profile?
I’m not really sure what this question means? I assume it’s with regard to dining out and if that’s the case, while it’s lovely to experience high end, low key is often the better experience.
13. What’s your favourite restaurant?
We have a fabulous small local chain of Italian restaurants near us called Francesco’s.
14. I do my food shopping at?
We do our big shop at Aldi and our top-up shops at Asda.
15. The tastiest food I’ve ever eaten was?
It sounds crazy but I had the tastiest pizza of my life in India of all places! If you ever find yourself in Mumbai, you must seek out ‘Pizza on the Bay’ –a restaurant along Marine Drive in the south of the city.
16. What’s your favourite cocktail?
A classic mojito Every. Single. Time!
17. Coffee with George Clooney or Heston Blumenthal?
He doesn’t do much for me looks wise but I reckon Mr Clooney is still good company.
18. What should not be missing in your kitchen?
19. What’s your favourite snack?
Cucumber with houmous –yummy!
20. What’s on your pizza?
Mushrooms, artichokes, tomatoes and olives… basically the giardiniera one from Pizza Express!
21. What food do you really dislike?
Mashed potato. Potatoes cooked in every other way I like but I think it’s the texture of mash that I really can’t deal.
23. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
I don’t think I have eaten anything weird to be honest.
24. What’s on your food bucket list?
Before discovering and converting to a 90% plant-based lifestyle (here), I always wanted to try a traditional cheese fondue and I probably wouldn’t turn down the opportunity if I found myself in that part of the world one day in the future –when in Rome ‘n all.
25. I couldn’t live without?
Vegetables, specifically broccoli –I just love it!
What are your favourite foods, specifically at Christmas?
Until tomorrow x