While I am still in the midst of wedding excitement and planning gradually picking up pace, humming in the background is the house that, in the 13 months we have owned it, is still very much in a state of cosmetic development. I know what I like but interior design is a very personal thing and not something I have really tackled until now, developing my ideas as I go along.
While I love how visually, minimalist living looks beautiful, I for one like stuff which of course has its flaws, but I love rooms full of books, pictures on the walls and furniture, wallpaper and fabrics that create texture amongst the odd trinket, vases of flowers and such like. For a workspace though, I am all about storage and simplicity –I like to have things around me that inspire creativity and ideas, but I can’t work in clutter which is currently the state of the spare room/study and next on my list to attack.
So with that in mind, inspired by WeWork, a co-working company that builds communities to empower people to do what they love by creating beautiful co-working spaces across the US, Europe and Israel, I want to make my own beautiful space, right here in my home. I thought I would pull together my dream wish list for my ideal work space, with a view that it might encourage me to get on and actually make it happen for myself.
1. IKEA – LINNMON/ADILS table, white (I already have this).
2. IKEA – KALLAX shelving unit, white. I love how you can add to these and build a unit as big or small as you need/space allows.
3. IKEA – ALEX drawer unit, white
4. John Lewis – Peony Bowl
5. Not on the Hight Street -They have such a good selection of prints like this.
6. Not on the High Street – Geometric Hanging Copper Terrarium & Air Plant
7. Not on the High Street – Acid yellow desk lamp
TK MAXX and Home Sense are also great places for hunting out unique accessories and pieces for the home and you guys are only too aware of how often I find myself in one of their stores.
What is your dream work space?
Until next time xFollow